Effective Date: August 04, 2021
Any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) we collect from you will be strictly used for the sole purpose of improving our services and will not knowingly be distributed to any third parties without your consent.
Information You Provide to Us
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, post mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the web address https://www.trivedichemistry.com to discuss with us the provision of and/or receive services from Trivedi Chemistry Inc., The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, job title and description. When you send us a message via email, we retain the content of the message, your email address, and any information you provide to us such as your name, phone number, your company, experience with our service, your contact preferences, and the response we send back to you. This helps us manage any follow-up questions you may have, measure how effectively we address your concerns and improve the Site. Any information retained would be used to assure the delivery of the services or information you requested and to optimize your experience and enhance the quality of the time you spend with us online. When you send us a message via email, the email addresses and phone numbers collected are not further used to market to the individual beyond providing the services requested or responding to the requests. Cookies may be used to store the user’s logged in status on the website. However, if the user deletes or otherwise rejects these tools, the user will be logged out.
Information We Store On Behalf Of Educational Agencies
Trivedi Chemistry and the services it provides to Educational Agencies comply with applicable provisions of law, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) and equivalent federal and state laws. Your Educational Institution uses Trivedi Chemistry online homework to assist with the administration of school-related activities and to provide a streamlined way to report your information for educational purposes. These uses are specific to each Educational Institution and are governed by the contract between Trivedi Chemistry and your Educational Institution. The data your Educational Institution stores on Trivedi Chemistry systems may include, students name, email address and gradebook.
How Your Information Is Used
We may use your personal information, (name and email address only) to provide our products and services;
- for the specific purpose for which that information was collected;
- to address your customer service or technical support questions;
- to alert you of new products or services, features, or enhancements.
How Your Information Will Not Be Used
- data will not be collected, at any time, to target advertising
- we will not create advertising profiles on any users
- we will not sell, trade, or rent any users information at any time
When We May Disclose Your Personal Information
We will only disclose your personal information for the purposes described below:
Service Providers. We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and we may need to share your name and email address with them to provide services to you. Unless we tell you differently, they do not have any right to use your personal information beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Deletion. We will delete any or all data that we have collected from Students per the request of the School or District, at any time.
Data Retention Policy
We keep personal information until it is deleted, or until we no longer need it to provide you with the Service. We will not retain student personal information for any longer than is necessary for educational purposes and legal obligations, or to provide the Service for which we receive or collect the student personal information. In addition, we only keep student personal information for as long as the student’s account is active, unless we are required by law or the student’s school to retain it, or need it to protect the safety of our users. Note that some content may be kept after an account is deleted for school legal compliance reasons (e.g. maintenance of “education records” under FERPA or “student records” under various state student privacy laws).
For the purposes of business integrity and operations, backup data is stored and kept for 30 days. In the case of a requirement to restore the data, all data that has requested to be deleted will be promptly removed after a full system restore.
You own and will continue to own at all times all of Your Information. In the course of using the Trivedi Chemistry Service, you and other users may provide or post certain content or information which may be used by Trivedi Chemistry in connection with the Service and which may be shared to third party service providers that aid us in provision of the Services.
Upon executing this agreement, You grant to Trivedi Chemistry worldwide, nonexclusive, fully transferable, sub-licensable right to access and use Your Information for the purpose of providing the Services during the Term. You continually warrant that You are the owner or licensee of all Your Information; that You have all rights and consents required to provide Your Information to Trivedi Chemistry; and that Trivedi Chemistry Service use of Your Information in accordance with this agreement will not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights or any other rights of any third party or of any of Your directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents.
Trivedi Chemistry grants You a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and use, and permit your authorized employees or contractors to access and use Trivedi Chemistry for Online homework with Your School(s) in accordance with this agreement during the Term.
You may authorize certain employees or contractors of Your School to use the Services (Authorized Users), provided that you must only authorize those people who have a genuine need to use the Services.. Unauthorized users may not be allowed to use the Services.
You must ensure that each Authorized User uses their own personal log-in details to access and use Trivedi Chemistry and does not use any log-in details belonging to any other Authorized User.
You must not allow any person to use Trivedi Chemistry unless that person has been authorized to do so and needs to do so for legitimate educational purposes at Your School(s)
Protection of Your Information
Data Breach Protocol — Protection of your privacy is important to us. In the event of a data breach, Trivedi Chemistry will adhere to the applicable Federal and/or State data breach regulations of the impacted user(s). For purposes of this policy, a breach is any unauthorized acquisition of computerized data that compromises the security, confidentiality, or integrity of personal information that we maintain.
Despite these precautions, no system can be completely secure and there remains a risk that unauthorized access or use, hardware or software failure, human error, or a number of other factors may compromise the security of your information. Upon discovery or notification of any unauthorized access disclosure, Trivedi Chemistry will take immediate measures to safeguard and prevent further dissemination of any personal information. When reasonably able to do so, Trivedi Chemistry will notify the impacted parties via contact information on record, with information including but not limited:
- Company contact information.
- A general description of the breach incident.
- An explanation, to the best of our knowledge, of what happened.
- A listing of the types of personal information that is believed to be compromised.
- If known, the date and time of the breach, or a best estimate.
- Whether the notification was delayed as a result of law enforcement.
- What steps the Company has taken to mitigate the situation, prevent it from happening again, and advice to the impacted individuals on how they can best protect themselves.
- Notifications will be sent via email to all impacted users.
Review, Deletion request or making changes
A school has the right to review, have deleted and/or refuse to permit further collection or use of any student’s information. To do so, the school must email firstname.lastname@example.org to have a student’s information erased. Trivedi Chemistry will anonymize and erase that student’s information within 14 business days of receiving such a request, after which that student will not be able to continue using the services of the homework app.
A school can see all information pertaining to students enrolled in their classes. To have any student information changed the school may send a formal request to email@example.com. Trivedi Chemistry will then update the requested changes within 3 business days.
As stated in the Data Retention Policy, this information may persist up to 30 days after deletion or changes in server backups in order to ensure integrity and operations following any unforeseen incidence. In the rare case a data restore is required, all review, deletion and changes will be applied retroactively.
Third-Party Service Providers
Info shared: Contact information, Names and emails, determined by your Educational Agency
We utilize the services of third party service providers to assist Us in providing access to the Trivedi Chemistry Site. A list of third party service providers is available upon request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
General Inquiries could be addressed in this manner as well, which will redirect them back to the School:
1700 Kraft Dr. Suite 1000
Blacksburg, VA 24060
Communications from Trivedi Chemistry
If you registered on the Site for Trivedi Chemistry online homework, provided name and email to us, we will send you messages regarding registration information. This will be communicated only via email. It is your responsibility to check your spam folder, or white list the students emails that are registered for Trivedi Chemistry online homework.
The Site is not directed toward individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide personal information. Additionally, we do not knowingly collect (or knowingly allow any third party to collect) or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information or that personal information has been collected from a child under 13, then we will delete this information from our files as quickly as possible. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who you believe has provided personal information to Trivedi Chemistry, please send an email tohttps://email@example.com or contact us as set forth in the “Contacting Trivedi Chemistry” section below to have that child’s information deleted.
Your Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident you have the right to request that Trivedi Chemistry disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. We only collect first and last name and email address from each user type. Trivedi Chemistry collects this data directly by the user on our website, or if its the student by the teacher; via the School Directory by teachers and school leaders. The purpose for Trivedi Chemistry to collect this information is to establish one’s identity with the online homework, and within a school community. Data is hosted and stored by SiteGround. SiteGround in the U.S, is the third party hosting service.
California consumers also have specific rights of access, deletion and data portability regarding their personal information under the CCPA. If you are a California resident you have the right to request that Trivedi Chemistry provide the specific pieces of information that we have collected about you. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by Trivedi Chemistry. We provide these same rights to all users. If you are a California resident, you may also designate a natural person or business entity registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf to exercise these rights.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), Trivedi Chemistry does not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Student records obtained by Trivedi Chemistry from an educational institution continue to be the property of and under the control of the educational institution. The educational institution retains full ownership rights to the personal information and education records it provides to Trivedi Chemistry.
- Parents, legal guardians, or eligible students may review personally identifiable information in the student’s records and correct erroneous information by contacting their educational institution. Additionally, Trivedi Chemistry online homework users may access, correct, update, or delete personal information in their profile by signing into their class, accessing their online homework account, and making the appropriate changes.
- Trivedi Chemistry is committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of student records. Towards this end, we take the following actions: (a) we limit employee access to student data to only those employees with a need to such access to fulfill their job responsibilities; (b) we conduct background checks on our employees that may have access to student data; (c) we conduct regular employee privacy and data security training and education; and (e) we protect personal information with technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security safeguards in order to protect against unauthorized access, release or use.
- Trivedi Chemistry online homework users may retain possession and control of their own generated content by creating their own password.
- In the event of an unauthorized disclosure of a student’s records, Trivedi Chemistry will (1) promptly notify Users unless specifically directed not to provide such notification by law enforcement officials. Notification shall identify: (i) the date and nature of the unauthorized use or disclosure; (ii) the Private Data used or disclosed; (iii) general description of what occurred including who made the unauthorized use or received the unauthorized disclosure; (iv) what Trivedi chemistry has done or shall do to mitigate any effect of the unauthorized use or disclosure; (v) what corrective action Trivedi Chemistry has taken or shall take to prevent future similar unauthorized use or disclosure; and Dr. Ketan Trivedi the User can contact Trivedi Chemistry will keep the User fully informed until the incident is resolved.
- Trivedi Chemistry will delete or de-identify personal information when it is no longer needed, upon expiration or termination of our agreement with an educational institution with any deletion or de-identification to be completed according to the terms of our agreement with the educational institution, or at the direction or request of the educational institution.
- Trivedi chemistry agrees to work with educational institution to ensure compliance with FERPA and the Parties will ensure compliance by providing parents, legal guardians or eligible students with the ability to inspect and review student records and to correct any inaccuracies therein as described in statement (3) above.
- Trivedi Chemistry prohibits using personally identifiable information in student records to engage in targeted advertising.
The Site is hosted and operated in the United States. If you use the Site from the European Union or the United Kingdom, or any other region with laws governing data collection, protection and use that may differ from United States law, please note that you may be transferring your personal information outside of those jurisdictions to the United States. Where we transfer, store and process your personal information outside of the United Kingdom, European Union or EEA, we have ensured that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights of data subjects based on the adequacy of the receiving country’s data protection laws, or EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield principles.
Trivedi chemistry further certifies that Trivedi Chemistry complies with all Federal and State Data Privacy laws, including but not limited to the following:
- FERPA – Family Education Rights and Privacy Protection Act
- AB 1584
- SB 1177 – SOPIPA – Student Online Personal Information Protection Act
Schools will be notified in advance of material changes to privacy policies, including practices around new or additional data collection, or practices that may lessen the previously noted protections around student data privacy, separate from any notice in a “click wrap” agreement.
Ketan Trivedi President of Trivedi Chemistry DBA Paperless Publishing, Inc.,
1700 Kraft Dr. Suite 1000
Blacksburg, VA 24060